The Sundale Foundation Mission
To strengthen our rural community by providing facilities, resources and programs that inspire academic excellence, promote lifelong learning, build moral character, and enable students and adults to become successful, self-reliant citizens contributing to our Valley’s future.
More than 10 years ago, the educators, administrators and board members at Sundale School noted that academic performance improved when students had safe places to gather before and after school, and adults were available to assist with homework. This correlation between healthy community and student success led to the establishment of the Sundale Foundation. For many students and preschoolers, our programs are crucial to their safety and success. Before and after-school programs are especially helpful to single-parent households or households in which parents have jobs with early and late shifts.
The foundation has established:
- The V-Center, a community outreach program located in the Villa residential neighborhood.
- Preschool and after-school programs that offer homework assistance, academic support, and personal enrichment.
The foundation has been responsible for:
- Adding 13 classrooms
- Adding 3 on-campus buildings
- Adding 2 off-campus buildings
- Partnering with Sundale School to create a 14-acre sports complex
But the work is far from over.
If you interested in volunteering, we could always use your help. Give us a call or stop by and we will show you why we have such a passion for the Community. Ready to join the Sundale Foundation Volunteer Force? Click here.